Send us an email if your question isn't answered below and we'll answer you directly then add your question to this ongoing list.
Do you have to come for the entire week?
- No. We realize that for many it is very difficult to break away from our daily lives for an entire week, and the beauty of Hill Week is that you don't have to. You can come for as many days as your schedule allows.
What is the weather like in Roanoke at this time of year?
- The average low temperature is 45 degrees Fahrenheit with average high temperature of 68 degrees. The average precipitation is 3.5 inches for the month of April.
What clothing should I bring?
- Bring cycling clothing for chilly mornings: light cycling vest, base layer with short sleeve jersey and arm warmers, shorts with leg or knee warmers, open finger gloves or light full finger gloves should be adequate.
Will there be support vehicles and water stations along the routes?
- No. These are self-supported rides. With that said, the routes are designed to take you by convenience stores, restaurants, wineries, and breweries.
Can locals participate?
- Absolutely. The more the merrier. You are not required to stay at the hotel.